2024 ART GALLERY SUBMISSIONS
The Art Gallery Advisory Committee welcomes proposals for exhibitions of original artwork by local and regional artists. Individuals, art groups, schools, collectors, and public or private sponsors of art and artists are invited. Work in any media will be considered, including, but not limited to, painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, glass, printmaking, photography, video, collage, textiles, and mixed media. Subject to available space and schedule, eight to ten exhibits are presented each year.
The usual process for entering a project for consideration for an exhibition is to pick up a form at the Library during the summer OR download the application and guidelines below between June 1 and August 26 of each year. Note that this year's process will be slightly different; the links below are from last year's application.
- Artist Application --DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 6:00 P.M., SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH
- Art Gallery Brochure
- Exhibit Release Form
- Art Gallery Exhibition Guidelines
If you would like to have an application and gallery guidelines mailed to you, please send a legal-size SASE to the Benicia Public Library, 150 East L Street, Benicia, CA 94510 (or download the guidelines and application form) and mail the completed form to the library.
Art Gallery Committee
Benicia Public Library
150 East L Street Benicia, CA 94510
Here are some suggestions for shows in the gallery:
- Painting, drawing, printmaking, mixed media, books (as art objects)
Fabric art, weavings, tapestries, textiles
Photography - artistic, historical, natural subjectspainting, drawing, printmaking, mixed media, books (as art objects)
- Children's art
- Collectibles - dolls, miniature books, etc.
- Sculpture - wood, metal, plastics, light & neon
- Special themes - competitions
- Lapidary, jewelry, metal works
- Natural science art & illustrations
- Folks art
- Commercial illustration, graphic design