The Board of Library Trustees recently reviewed and updated our interlibrary loan policy. Following is a summary of these changes, and the new policy is attached for your convenience.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Items requested starting October 16, 2017, will have a $5.00 charge attached to them upon arrival in the library.
- If a renewal is requested, the item must be returned to the Benicia Library pending approval by the owning library.
- The item is due by the original due date, pending the renewal. Items must be returned to avoid late fees.
- A maximum of two (1) renewal request is allowed per item, if approved by the lending library.
- Overdue interlibrary loan items must be returned prior to new requests being processed.
- Charges incurred for lost items from the lending library will be placed on the patron’s account.
- Damaged items will be charged the full replacement cost.
- Interlibrary loan items may be subject to immediate recall.
- Failure to return items by the due date, may result in a suspension or loss of interlibrary loan privileges for the patron.
Please feel free to give Ann Deusenberry, our InterLibrary Loan specialist a call at 707-746-4343.